0

Confirmation

Nothing has really changed. I got confirmation from the second set of x-rays today that it's a "healing" stress fracture. Which I suppose explains why hurts less now than it did a couple of weeks ago. On a positive note, in my mind at least, this means that I can totally run the 5k in a couple of weeks. If its already healing, then it should be fine by the time of the race. I lightly jogged to the train this morning (mainly because it was arriving and I wasn't at the station) and my foot didn't feel so bad in my Landreths. I guess cushioning and heel-striking tends to lessen the damage on my toe. I'm debating if this means I can run three miles like that. I think that this week I will go for a 1 mile trial run down the park and back. I'll ice it up and if it feels good, then I'll be on for race. Or more like a slow jog, which I know shames people actually racing it. But what can you do? I just love the exhilaration of marathon weekend.

I'm going to try to score the x-rays when I talk to my doctor next time. I really want to see my the bones in my foot.

Anyway, this is what happened:

Image from AAOS website: Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment