The pool was busy and I chose no swim today. Instead I gave the upright bike a shot to warm up with. No problem with my knee. I did a consistant 90-100rpm for 5 miles on an intesity of 11. The power bursts I usually use on this machine would have loaded my knee when I stood, so I skipped the interval-type bursts.
After the bike as my warm-up, I headed into the studio where I cross-trained with a core focus. Push-up/Sit-up-Squat pyramid up to 10 reps. Some planks, leg and glute work with and without the ball. Pilates ab workout. Some backwork on the ball. All in all it took around 60 minutes, kept up my heart rate elevated and avoided loading/bending my knee. Not a bad workout overall.
I'm still not ready to run. I think I might put it off until my long run on Saturday. I'm scheduled for 18 miles, pace. We'll see what happens on a week's worth of rest. Day-to-day my knee feels great at this point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment