I got back into the pool again, it's the least I can do and today it felt great! I really got into the rhythm of swimming a lot faster than yesterday. The crawl just came naturally and no knee pain whatsoever.
I swam 1 mile in what was a ridiculously slow time - something like 1:08 or so. However, I again started with legless strokes which puts a huge damper on my speed. Of course, right before I ended, a male swimmer came in and was basically lapping me with his stroke. It was a little annoying. But I'm not a swimmer, I'm a runner. I need to remember that. Although by the end of this winter I might be a swimmer.
Today I did the following:
15 laps legless backstroke
10 laps legless breaststroke
5 laps breaststroke
27 laps full crawl
A member of the gym staff was testing the ph of the water, so she got me the lengths of the pool. It's 14m long, and 57 laps to a mile. It's a small pool, salt water. The backstroke flags are improperly and inconsistently strung - obviously not 5 meters, but not even a shorter or equal distance on each end. Our outdoor pool is official length. I believe 25m. I refuse to do backstroke out there, however, since there are no flags whatsoever I've swum into the wall more than a few times.
Anyway, today I swapped my older googles for the tinted outdoor goggles, which proved to have far better leak prevention. The only problem is that my bony eye sockets now feel bruised. Literally. The pain from the goggles was distractingly bad at the end. I think I'm going to need to either look for a better fit pair or alternate the days I swim. The length of the straps are irrelevant with this pair. It just has crazy suction power around the eye pieces.
Note to self: Hair in a ponytail is more comfortable under the swimcap than side buns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment