1

Pre-Appointment Update

Tomorrow is my appointment with the orthopaedist. Last week (April 18th), I had another set of x-rays taken on my foot. I received a note from my doctor stating that it was continuing to heal well and that I should bring along my x-rays to the appointment. Therefore this morning I swung by radiology to grab copies of the x-rays. I will now share them for your viewing pleasure!

As you can see from the periosteal reaction, the stress fracture is located near the head of my second metatarsal of my left foot. These images are at 4 weeks and 7 weeks post-fracture, once healing had begun.

Stress Fracture - AP View

Stress Fracture - Oblique View

I don't necessarily see dramatic healing in last week's x-rays, but my day to day pain has subsided. I can perform lunges and last week I participated in yoga without much difficulty. I feel comfortable performing knee-dropping dance moves on Dance Central. I get minor pain (3/10) when I walk up a steep incline or hill, but daily activities are unaffected. I'm feeling confident that I'll have permission to start running ASAP.

I will report back after tomorrow's visit!

1 comments:

Mark said...

Hope it goes well Shannon. I self diagnosed myself with posterior shin splints, been taking it easy the last 4 days. Ran this morning and went well, still a little tight in the left one. Wondering if it's the shoes :)

Post a Comment