0

Three days to recover

Well, I'm three days away from the Ras na hEirran and the diagnosis doesn't look good. I can walk without a limp now and at a moderate pace. I still have to ice at night, morning and take Aleve, but I'm otherwise in relatively little pain.

That is, until I try doing something strictly load bearing on my foot - such as forefoot running, calf raises, lunges, etc. Even the plank/push-up plans for last evening fell short because I had to do them one-legged, which provides additional difficulty to the exercises and disheartened me, ultimately my downfall.

Ab Ripper X is getting easier. I excel at Crossovers, Roll Ups + V-Ups, and Leg Climbers. They are very similar to pilates moves that I used to love. I suspect there is some muscle memory at work here. The Mason Twist is a struggle to complete and my oblique v-ups simply aren't up to his speed.

Did I mention that I miss lifting at the gym? Nothing has changed, except me. I think it'll take a couple of months, but I'm hoping to match my previous lifting numbers by mid-May. Anything I accomplish over the summer should be a big bonus.

Not running is bringing me down, but it's beginning to be a sad old story. I'm wondering about the wisdom in pushing it the way I do. But about 5 minutes into upright bike intervals, I remember why running outside is nirvana-inducing.

On a fun note, we've decided on our Warrior Dash team theme: Ke$ha Warriors! There will be neon, glittering facepaint and crazy hair.

...glitter on our eyes
Stockings ripped all up the side
Looking sick and sexy-fied...


0 comments:

Post a Comment