0

The Doctor's Appointment

Well, I went in for my yearly physical this morning with my new physician. She's a bit older, but very sweet. I asked if she could look at my foot while I was there, providing a brief history of my running injuries over the past year. I suppose I'm rather long-winded when I describe my running history, but I felt that it was necessary in order to provide proper background to diagnose the issue. Apparently she didn't feel that way.

She rushed me and didn't ask too many questions. Instead, she scolded me for wearing Vibram Five Fingers and made a bold, baffling statement: "Your feet aren't meant to run without lots of cushioning." Something along those lines. She actually referred to the Vibrams as "Extremely dangerous." Seriously. Someone hasn't brushed up on their recent running biomechanics. However, I nodded and smiled because she was referring me to an orthopaedic specialist and wanted me to go to PT once we took some x-rays. Basically, it doesn't matter what her opinion on natural running and Vibrams are once I'm placed into the hands of the specialist. I requested someone from MGH, if possible due to both convenience and the fact that it took over an hour past my appointment start time to see my doctor. I don't think my new health center runs efficiently.

So tomorrow I'm going back for x-rays of the left foot and we'll see if its tendinitis or something more serious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment