0

A month later...

I'm finally getting my knee checked out as absolutely nothing (excess rest, rolling, stretching) has improved the distance I can run without exquisite pain and knee failure. So Friday I should have the start of an answer. Or at least a referral to someone who can give me an answer.

Other than that, I missed the Ras na hEirren because it was daylight savings time this Saturday. So my clocks didn't get moved forward Saturday night, and I woke up an hour late to the race. Oops. But probably just as well since every other weekend I've tried to run a 5k distance things went to crap pretty quickly. I got my t-shirt at least. Oh yeah, it was downpouring all day. (Which resulted in our basement flooding with a 1/2 foot of water, but that's another story). Not fun to run in anyway, so I avoided that wet mess.

I am seriously excited to get this knee business solved though.

On another positive note, it's only 57 laps in the pool to swim a mile and it really flies by. I'm becoming a better/faster swimmer every day. By around lap 30 my form just feels really smooth, natural and powerful - like I'm a fish! The kind of wish that has to breath at the surface though - which I've seen before at an aquarium, but I can't recall what it was, although it was cute. I'm even getting better with a really shallow side breath too, so I'm not slowing my pace by sticking my face too far up. It's just not as sweat-pain inducing as running though - not remotely the same level of satisfaction. I don't know how long I'd have to swim for to get that. Maybe 2-3 miles? Ha, if I didn't turn into a prune. Although if the knee problems keep up, endurance swimming could be kinda cool... 3-4 hours of swimming...

0 comments:

Post a Comment