The foam roller and I do not enjoy each other.
Yes, I know. This blog has really just turned a place for me to bitch and moan about the fact I'm not running. Rather than the rest of the year when I'm actually running, and thus don't take the time to blog. I have a lot of free time on my hands previously taken up but wonderful hours of hill sprints, tempo runs, long meditative jogs, even intervals and repeats on the dreadmill!
Anyway since the foam roller came home with me, my knee has actually hurt more. But in new places. I have strange instances of DOMS in my upper-hip/side. While I'd like to say that it is already making all the difference, I can't. I don't have a proper gauge, however. Perhaps I can test it via a fast 1 mile run on the treadmill - they say faster, shorter strides is less irritating. But every time I've run thus far, it's resulted in further injury or prolonging of pain. I will hold out. Work is preventing much crosstraining also. I'm stressed to the max.
1 1/2 weeks until the half marathon. I will be cured! If only I were an important enough runner to warrant a cortisone shot.
0
We're not best friends.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 complaining, foam roller, injury, it band, itbs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment