I ran 20 miles today.
I'm in severe pain after the fact, but the run itself was awesome. I felt great, strong, motivated. I got faster as I went even. Miles 6-13 were beautiful. I ran along with another marathoner along the 2-3 mile stretch through Bedford. They don't plow the Bikeway in Bedford, by the way. Heads up. Lexington and Arlington plow, but it still remains relatively icy since they don't use sand or salt. Bedford however just waits for snow to melt. Rough terrain once it ices over all lumpy too. It was encouraging not to be the only runner along that stretch however. And man, not only was she faster, but she just glided without hesitation over some icy-lumpy stretches. I stick to my theory that running on ice is all about confidence, not friction. I think when people hesitate and stiffen up when walking/jogging on ice, it changes their stride and it automatically unbalances them. It's almost better if you didn't know you were running on ice.
Anyway, great run. Sore knees - both. Long, long, long nap.
But I'm photographing my injuries again because of the weird stripes that developed on my left knee during the course of the run today. Check out the striations:
The right knee coming along and one of the bruises is yellowing:
0 comments:
Post a Comment