0

2010 Begins

While I'm a solid month into 2010, I thought I'd return to the blog and keep active. I have a very ambitious race schedule this year and I have to admit that I am seriously excited!

My first marathon of the season is set for April. The plan is the Country Music Marathon in Nashville, TN, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it at this point. After the series of unfortunate events this autumn that prevented my racing in Denver, I am a little hesitant to make the full financial commitment. I'm going to start looking into local alternatives. I still plan to run San Diego again in June. Additionally, I'm going to put in a bid for the NYC Marathon with the Marine Corp Marathon as my back-up if I don't make the drawing.

Below is my schedule for the year as it stands now:

February 7th: Super Sunday 10k, Boston Seaport

February 28th: Hyannis Half Marathon, Cape Cod, MA

March 14th: Ras na hEireann 5k, Somerville, MA

April 24th: Nashville Country Music (Rock 'n' Roll) Marathon, Nashville, TN

May 30th: Run To Remember Half Marathon, Boston, MA

June 6th: San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, San Diego, CA

June xx: New Charles River Run 7.5 Miler, Cambridge, MA (depending on late June dates)
June xx: Reggae Ramble and Music Festival, Cambridge MA (depending on late June dates)

August 28th: CHaD Half Marathon, Dover, NH

September XX: Cape Ann 25k, Gloucester, MA

October 31st: Marine Corp Marathon (alternative if I don't get into NYC)
November 7th: New York City Marathon (if I get via lottery in March!)

November 26th: Turkey Trot 5k, Concord, NH

December XX: Jingle Bell 5K, Somerville, MA

0 comments:

Post a Comment