0

Overly tapered

Well, my boyfriend was in town, so I was busy and took my tapering a little too seriously.

Over the past two weeks since my peak run, it's been an out and out pathetic running schedule. If you even call it a schedule. More like haphazard short runs.

5/13/09: 4 mile fast run during lunch
5/16/09: 3 mile run steep hill
5/19/09: 4 mile fast run during lunch (80F+)
5/21/09: 4 mile fast run during lunch (90F+)

That's it. Yeah, I know.

I picked up my race packet this morning (5/23) for the half marathon tomorrow. I'm really going through with the full 13.1. I know that I'm going to be taking it easy while I'm in Arizona and the weather is like 100F, so I'll just be compiling it into one day. I'm going to take the run easy also, run it at marathon pace, not half pace. It will be sad that I can run it full out, but making it through the full marathon is the most important thing.

The weather is supposed to be in the 60s and raining tomorrow morning. It'll be lovely running weather! I can't wait. I really couldn't pass this up. As soon as the race is over, I head home, shower and grab my suitcase. I'm off to Arizona in the early afternoon. I'm bringing several running outfits, since I'm not 100% on the final marathon outfit. I think I know what it will be, but I'm going to test it during the half marathon tomorrow before its final.

0 comments:

Post a Comment