0

22 Mile - Distance Peak Done!

So this was just a weekend of running excitement. As I've complained endless about, I was sick last week and totally freaked that I wasn't going to be able to run well with the race upcoming. Well, the medicine seems to have worked great and all that rest left me feeling AMAZING this weekend.

Anyway, this weekend was my run. I started out saying that I'd only run 20 miles, but I was feeling so awesome that I decided to complete the full 22 miles. It was great! The weather was perfect, which I attribute the ease of the run to. It was in the low-60s with a strong wind, sunny, but since I started early, I got some decent shade from the trees.

I'm excited! I felt sooooo good coming out of it. I noticed some chafing that my chafeguard didn't entirely take care of, and my knees are a little sore today, but all in all, I'm feeling great. We even went out and walked around a bunch for the rest of the day.

It's probably the first time I've actually felt confident about the marathon. I think its going to be okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment