I started out with a 0.6 mile warm-up to the train station, stretched during the one stop to the bikeway, then took off towards Bedford.
18.2 miles at 3:23:02, which was a pathetic average of 11:11min/miles. I think I really took a blow near the end. I felt pretty good cardiovascular, again, but physically my legs and feet were hurting. My quads and hips started to ache around mile 9. Easy to run through the pain there. I ran on hard-pack dirt to cushion my knees as often as I could during the last 8 miles.
Halfway point, Bedford.
I wore the Nimbus today along with the wool wicking socks. The Nimbus, while better on my knees, wrecked havok on my right foot toes. I wrapped them in moleskin, but it was definitely not enough. I may need to look into socks with more cushioning, combo'd with the Landreth. Again, need to check into the changes in the 5. Make sure the width is the same.
Anyway, once I stopped at 18.2, I made a couple hundred yards, then it hit me that my bus comes at 2:30pm. It was 2:25pm. So I sprinted another 0.48 miles to the bus station. I was shocked by how easy it was. I actually had a ton of energy left. It didn't feel bad at all. However, it was a little pointless because my bus was 30 minutes late for unknown reasons. All in all my running totalled at 19.28 miles.
I ate a half a pack of Luna Moons at the 11th mile. I had almost no gatorade by that point. I really need to start bringing more water. I took a closer look at the bottles - 5oz, not 6oz. I'm debating between a full 4-bottle fuel belt and one larger water bottle that just sits in the small of my back.
Anyway, I did have a moment of self-doubt near the end. Wondering what on earth I'm doing. How can I push my body another 7-8 miles? Will it break? And even if it doesn't, what sort of condition will it be in at the end? Oy. I guess these next two months will be critical in making sure that it doesn't break, that it survives unharmed. Tonight my feet are a little sore, pounded, my toes are blistered. I otherwise feel good. My upper body is achy as usual, but that will go away in a few hours. I will take tomorrow off from running. Probably do pilates. I might skip lower body workout just so that my legs get a real break. Stick to just ab/core work.
My toes. Wear blood-blistering on the small one too. Weird.
0 comments:
Post a Comment