0

So much for running.

My boyfriend came the day after my last post and let's just say that I went on another vacation from running. I did some short post-work runs and kept up with my gym workouts, but it wasn't until August 13th that Chris finally met with me about a new strength training regimine that I could do alongside my marathon training.

I will start by saying that I understand why he chose the routine he did. But I will also say that no routine is a good one if you're not going to actually do it. And that's the problem. I've been having signficant trouble with the core/upper body exercises. He has me doing Polloff presses and chops, but the cables just scrape against my arm so that I get distracted and hurt my arms. It's just a really annoying and untenable exercise. I think my angles are correct, but I just can't get it down so that its a comfortable movement. So I'm just saying screw it. Do what I can, but stick to the upper body work I'd been doing before. Most of the free weights and barbells require significant core stability, which I think is fine for the moment. They aren't necessarily function movements, but at least the muscles are getting some work in at this point, and anything that supports my core right now is helpful.

Now this is my official routine, give or take the details, since I don't have it in front of me:
  • Weighted squat jumps on bench (5 x 4, 10lb dumbbells)
  • Weighted lunge jumps, power-driven, stop between jumps (5 x 4, 5 lb dumbbells)
  • Quad-focused leg press (90 sec x 4, ~90-100lb to each fatigue per set)
  • Weighted plie squats (15 x 3, 25lb plate held to chest)
  • 10-15 min, steep incline 9 min/mile run on treadmill (hill running)
  • Cable Bicep Curl/Tricep Pushdown (12 x 3)
  • Cable Pull-Push simultaneous (10 x 3 both arms)
  • Kneeling Pulloff Pull-to-Press (12 x 3 per arm)
  • Kneeling Angled Chop (12 x 3 per arm)
  • Back Extentions with 10lb weight to chest (12 x 3)

0 comments:

Post a Comment