These are some of the races that I'm tentatively looking at:
- June 28th, 2009 - Charles River Run 7.5 Miler: I might drop down to a 5k, since I expect to be dogsitting that weekend and would love to be able to run the race with Bear.
- August 29th, 2009 - CHaD Half Marathon OR September 6, 2009 - Virginia Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon: Races are expensive, so if I'm traveling for the fall marathons, I might want to save money and just run my end-of-summer half locally. I do really want to get a special RnR medal for having run a half and full this year in the series. ChaD is intense on its hills, however, so I think it would be great to prep for some serious hill training. I also know what to expect. My parents can carry me home too.
- October 18th, 2009 - Denver Marathon: The MCM was sold out, so I wanted a mid-late October marathon and Denver holds promise. It's relatively flat, cool autumn weather. New city. Small with only around 2000 participants, I believe, but still well supported - a Boston-qualifier (not that I'm qualifying)
- November 8, 2009 - Maine Coast Half Marathon: It might be asking a lot to squeeze this in between two marathons, but I really wanted to race this last year. It's in York, ME. It's a women's only race. Gorgeous scenery. Local, so my family can come out to support me!
- November 22nd, 2009 - Philadelphia Marathon: One of the biggest races, Philly is a classic that is close, beautiful and I'm familiar with the city. Well supported. Must-run.
0 comments:
Post a Comment